Keymark Corporation of Florida
We are the premiere full service aluminum extrusion company featuring in-house finishing capabilities including: anodizing, casting, extruding, extrusion die construction, painting (acrylic, kynar, & powder coating), thermal barrier, thermal strut and custom packaging. We manufacture custom and stock extrusions/profiles for the Automotive, Building & Construction (Curtain Wall, Commercial Windows, & Storefron), Consumer Durables, Distribution, etc. Our company has locations in Fonda, NY and Lakeland, FL, and has been in business since 1964.
2540 Knights Station Road
Lakeland, FL 33810
MECHANICAL DRAFTSMAN INTERN
June 1, 2018
The role of the Mechanical Draftsman is to prepare detailed prints for an aluminum extrusion facility. These prints include dimensions, mating details, and other engineering information.
To qualify for this position, the individual must have completed or in the process of completing coursework in Computer-aided design (CAD) drafting, AutoCAD, or any other course (college or otherwise) resulting in the issuance of a CAD/CADD degree or certificate.
- Draft profiles originating from customers.
- Appropriately file and organize drawings and quotes done for the customer.
- Develop and utilize tolerances for profiles to meet industry standard and plant process capabilities.
- Aide Quality Control with adjustments to existing profiles or revisions by die maker.
- Communicate with corporate, extrusion, and die shop teams to effectively forward die production and ordering.
- Communicate with customers in new quote requests, print approvals and die records.
- Assist with placing orders and file dies in the system.
- Draft profiles of physicals samples using calipers and protractor.
- Assist the New York facility in drafting jobs.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD 2012 and up
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Follow written, visual and verbal directions
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic math functions
- Set-up viewports/scales
- Familiar with x-refs, layers, polylines, tangent and intersecting points
- Set up viewports to appropriate scales
- Assist customers in designing prototype shapes
- Resolve issues with mating dies
- Modify customer designs for extrudability purposes